Motorway driving tips
- Take care when approaching intersections where traffic joins the motorway and when joining the motorway.
- Follow motorway signals that warn drivers of dangers ahead including accidents and poor road or weather conditions.
Driving awareness tips
- Keep your distance – at least a 2–second gap on dry roads and a 4–second gap on wet roads or in poor visibility.
- Slow-down in foggy conditions and use your lights. Keep a sensible distance. In very bad fog open your window slightly and turn off your radio so that you can hear other vehicles.
- Take regular breaks at service areas, but never on the hard shoulder. If you feel sleepy, get off the motorway at the first opportunity.
- Take extra care at road works and when approaching them. Reduce your speed and obey warning signs.